• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Asheville, NC, two "Reinhardt" teachers/students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everybody.

Well, Dave Wilken has arrived at the University of North Carolina here in Asheville, and now we have two Reinhardt teachers/students all in one town.

In fact, I'm sitting at Dave's computer in his new office and am about to go play some Aebersold's with him in the rehearsal hall.

Maybe we'll attract others who are interested in the Pivot System to this area . . . who knows? This could become a great place for cats interested in Doc's stuff to come hang out and learn.

Talk to you soon!

Rich
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the minute I leave Asheville and move to Houston, TX.... two great teachers move into the area.. what's up with that? Roddy, do you teach at a college in Asheville? I will be coming home for Christmas, I might swing by and try and catch a lesson if you're available. Thanks!
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been fun to have a practice partner now who is not only a Reinhardt oriented player, but also who is a monster jazz player (don't tell Rich I said that, I don't want him to get a swelled head ). But seriously, I'm hoping that we'll be able to get some things generated here that will attrack more students and teachers to come out and visit us here. Keep your eyes peeled for future events in Asheville. . .

Dave
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-08-06 14:16, fuzzyjon79 wrote:
the minute I leave Asheville and move to Houston, TX.... two great teachers move into the area.. what's up with that? Roddy, do you teach at a college in Asheville? I will be coming home for Christmas, I might swing by and try and catch a lesson if you're available. Thanks!

One sentence you're talking about "great teachers" and the next sentence you're talking about Roddy Lewis? C'mon, man, get real!

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: