• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Information Wanted: Conn Victor "B" Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colingalvin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Information Wanted: Conn Victor "B" Trumpet Reply with quote

My friend has a Conn Victor "B" trumpet that was given to him and he was looking into what it may be worth, any collectors that might want it, etc... Any idea about what the horn may be worth once it is cleaned and restored and whatnot would be appreciated. If you need more info about the horn that might lead to a more accurate analysis, let me know and I will certainly do my best. Thanks guys!
jiarby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/ConnTrumpet.html

look at the photos and ID the horn. Or post a link to the photo and someone here will know what it is.
Albert Parrott
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Victor" designation was used by Conn for better grade or top line horns from about the 1920's through the 1970's, at least. Unfortunately, that alone is not enough to give you much help. The "B" just tells us that the horn is a trumpet. Conn cornets were designated "A". To be more specific in describing a horn, you would give the model followed by "A" or "B" to indicate which type it was. For example a model 12B Victor would be an example. You can often find the model number on the mouthpiece receiver or leader pipe.

Value and desirability depend on a lot of things, so you need to supply a little more information. Condition is a big factor, and if the horn is still in original condition (not re-conditioned), it's value is probably higher than otherwise. Some things that contribute to higher asking prices are things like copper bells and leader pipes, exotic engraving, such as the famous "Naked Lady" design, and relative rarity of the model. If you can supply a serial number and pictures, it would be easier to give an opinion. Check ebay for current sales to get an idea, also.
colingalvin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks most like the following picture, from what I remember anyway... I think I remember the owner having this page up, but he said the valve caps were different.

http://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/Conn10B1956image.html
jiarby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in that horn if you are selling.... pls post photos of the actual horn.

Need serial#
Need diameter of the bell
Is the bell coprion (copper)?
Is model # stamped under the mouthpiece receiver? 10B?
colingalvin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Jiarby Reply with quote

The serial number is 638***. I believe the horn was made in 1956. It has Victor "B" stamped on the lead pipe but it does not say 10B or anything like that on it. I will get some pictures up in a little bit.

Last edited by colingalvin on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
colingalvin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Jiarby Reply with quote

The bell diameter is 5 and 1/4 inches and it is copper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: