• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Recess Jaw?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MF Fan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player's jaw structure is such that the top and bottom teeth are naturally aligned a rest, Type 1, would there ever be a pivot-based reason to consciously recede the lower jaw past that point, forming an overbite situation, e.g. to decend into the lower register? Or is the natural setting the 'furthest point of recession?' Is the answer different for other pivot types? The general guide line of pushing the chin out to ascend got me thinking about movements in the opposite direction.

Upon closer inspection I'm finding that my teeth are nearly evenly aligned at rest, which has me questioning a few assumptions I've made in trying to self-type myself.

[ This Message was edited by: MF Fan on 2003-09-24 17:03 ]
Mr.Hollywood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true type I can be very hard to figure out.

It takes some one with great understanding of the Pivot System to decide if the player should be upstream or downstream.

See if its possible for you to get checked out by a good Pivot System teacher.

But to answer your question, very generally speaking the lower jaw should slightly recede when playing the lower register.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: