• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

why all the monette haters?!?!?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobList
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put myself in the catagory of a Monette -hater, but I feel he is singlehandedly responsible for all trumpets jumping in price from like $800 to $2,500 in a very short timespan. He was getting that big cash, and other manufacturers saw this, and figured, "hey, he's getting it, so can we". No, I don't give a crap about what a top notch Bassoon or Violin costs, so don't compare prices, there. I've tried a few Monette items, and I say they are just as good as any other equipment, but not $10,000 or more better, in my humble opinion. I can't justify the extra cost of the stuff. His webpage has fantastic info on playing in general, I like Monette for that. Also, short-shanking a mouthpiece is a great option, other makers offered that after Dave started it, it works and is another tool in the box.
( if he DIDN"T start it, he at least put it in everyone's view)

Bob List
spyke
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by spyke on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trumpcyms1993
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent read this whole post so Im just going to jump in. I think some people just hate monette equipment mainly because they cant justifiy spending money on them so they never try them. And then they listen to the videos of people playing monette trumpets and most of them people that play them have specific playing styles and sounds the artists choose to have and then people with monette experience say oh it must be the horn that sounds that way I dont like that sound it doesnt sound like a trumpet. Ive tried 4 different monette mouthpieces with different horns and the horn and mouthpiece combination makes a huge difference. I play a blts3 on a kanstul WB 1600 hundred and its open and beautiful and comfortable and great. I put the same mouthpiece on a Yamaha Xeno and it was still comfortable but not as good. I put my Marciekiewicz Mike Vax mouthpiece on the Xeno and it sizzled like no tomorrow and was great. I put the Marciekiewicz on the WB 1600 and the results were not as favorable. This was just my experience with them. If you cant justify spending 300 on a mouthpiece thats great look elsewhere and try other things. Don't bash them just because you cant afford them or didnt like the results you got.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: