• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Large bore Committee for $1800?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Large bore Committee for $1800? Reply with quote

I'm sure some of you have seen this. There is no point in me looking at it. My significant other would hit the roof if I buy another trumpet. But really, $1800?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Golden-1946-Martin-Committee-Trumpet-/190646787996?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6662055346084820424
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a scam listing and the sellers account has been hijacked and contains multiple scam listings all offering Buy It Now options off ebay. Surprised it is still up.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
James B. Quick
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nobody in the know would bid on it. That's a scam listing. The seller wants the prospective buyer to buy it outside of eBay, which, of course is a violation of eBay rules. The tip off is that the 'buy it direct' portion of the listing is a photograph of text, not text, so that the 'rules' won't show up on an eBay search...

So, you send him the money, get nothing, and you have no recourse through eBay...

jbq
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda figured that, but then looking at the seller rating I thought maybe...
Oh well. To good to be true is too good to be true.
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller's account has been hijacked and there are MANY high end items listed with BIN off ebay in the description. they are all scams and this is the typical manner in which these scams are posted. Hijacked account, high end electronics and instruments etc., all with off ebay options to Buy It Now... and contact before bidding is also used.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: