• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Joseph Alessi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smithwatkinsguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is a trumpet forum but my fraternity, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, hosted a masterclass held by Joseph Alessi and then afterwards he played an amazing recital in which he started with the Barber of Seville and he played it on an alto trombone. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Following the recital there was a concert by the Juilliard Trombone choir, one of the pieces featured Joe. In the middle of this concert the Juilliard jazz trombone group jumped in to play a chart that was phenemonal!!!!!!! These guys were rockin. Not to mention Wyclef Jordan is amazing. At the end of the concert all of the guys got to together for an encore and played New York New York, Wyclef and the assistant principal of the NY Phil (I believe he's a grad student at Juilliard now) played the first part and ended it with a double high Db. Wow...great concert!!!
Rhode Island All-State Orchestra
The Hartt School of Music
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Alessi is awesome. And since this is a trumpet forum, Joe Alessi the trumpet player wasn't so bad either.
Growing up in the Bay Area, Joe Alessi was legend. I had some lessons with Joe Sr. at summer camps.
The lessons were great. He was really cool and his stories were great.
Joe Alessi is the father of Joe Alessi and Ralph Alessi. That's why they're called Joral mutes.

Eb

[ This Message was edited by: EBjazz on 2003-11-16 21:21 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous! Joseph Alessi is indeed the man. If you haven't heard his Mahler 3 solo, you must get ahold of the Bernstein/NY Phil Deutsche Grammophone recording. It is unbelievable!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
baroquetrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Alessi's playing a masterclass at the arts school I attended last year. I think it's in January...then he's doing a concert with the Virginia Symphony on the weekend! Good thing it's over college break, otherwise I'd have to skip class.

-Pat
romey1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alessi is in a "class by himself."

romey
urbie watrous
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

< Joe Alessi is the father of Joe Alessi and Ralph Alessi. That's why they're called Joral mutes. >

Was Joe Sr. also the Alessi of Alessi-Vacchiano mutes?

Urb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: