• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Dominic Derasse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Dominic Derasse Reply with quote

I did post this as a reply to another thread, but think that it is indeed worth noting on its own:

For those in New York City and the surrounding areas, Dominic Derasse (www.dominicderasse.com), is an absolutely fantastic teacher who teaches the Caruso method. He is an excellent musician and a master trumpet player.

He told me that when he was studying in Boston, he would commute down for lessons with Carmine...twice a week for a year! He is straight-forward, kind and courteous. A very highly recommended teacher by myself and many others.

I hope all's well with y'all.
tim_wolf
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominic Derasse Reply with quote

humor wrote:
I did post this as a reply to another thread, but think that it is indeed worth noting on its own:

For those in New York City and the surrounding areas, Dominic Derasse (www.dominicderasse.com), is an absolutely fantastic teacher who teaches the Caruso method. He is an excellent musician and a master trumpet player.

He told me that when he was studying in Boston, he would commute down for lessons with Carmine...twice a week for a year! He is straight-forward, kind and courteous. A very highly recommended teacher by myself and many others.

I hope all's well with y'all.

Way back in 1986 I went to NYC to buy a horn from Jerry Callet, and Dominic happened to be there in the shop. He helped me very much as he listened to me play different horns and helped me pick out the best one for me. You know, he didn't have to do that, so that made me appreciate it all the more.

Great player and a great person.
terrys17
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominic appeared on one of Jerry Callets instruction videos during the time he was selling the new york line of trumpets. He played a number of orchestral excerpts on a callet c trumpet. I saw him at Callet's a few times during that period. Great player and person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: