• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 190 Bb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wb53

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Bach 190 Bb Reply with quote

What is the difference between a 180 43bell and a 190 43bell Bach?
homebilly
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 190 is a number 1 bell isn't it?
http://highdefinitionbigband.com
jengstrom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bach 190 Bb Reply with quote

wb53 wrote:
What is the difference between a 180 43bell and a 190 43bell Bach?

Your descriptions are a bit incomplete. Can I assume you're asking about bell differences between traditional strads (model 180 series) with a 43 bell and the new Mariachi (190 series) which has a 43 bell?

The "43" designates the bell profile, or shape, and would be the same between the 2 series. However, the Mariachi has a 43 bell made of copper. It may also have a French bead rim (I can't remember right now and that horn is not listed on the Bach Brass website, which is very out of date).

Other 190 series trumpets include the Artisans, which have a unique bell profile, and the new Bach Commercial trumpet, which has a #1 profile. I do not know how either of these compares to a 43 profile.

-John
viniciusalves100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Comparison 180 is 190 Reply with quote

Good Morning,
If the question is referring to the difference trumpet 180 and 190, can include several factors.
The 180 series post strike began using the machines for valves in one piece, and being much more industrialized.
Already the 190 series that was launched in mid 2010 if I'm not mistaken, rescued this idea of ​​returning the machine to be in two equal pieces were made ​​in the former,
the 190 series of the bell 43 is made of copper pattern on the body weight has light weight. I believe the main purpose of Bach in this question of creating this serious shine that 190 was the Bach returned to be done by hand as was done with the founder Vincent Bach, I own a New Model 19043B Lacquered and already got one 18043 Silver, have sure that the new 190 series is much better. Not yet tested the Artisan model but I have spoken highly of him.

Hope this helps.
C.E.Divine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Comparison 180 is 190 Reply with quote

viniciusalves100 wrote:

Not yet tested the Artisan model but I have spoken highly of him.

How can you speak highly of them if you haven't even tested one yet????

Anyway, the difference you are asking between the two models is that the 180 is a brass bell, and the 190 is a bronze bell, although it looks much closer in color to a copper bell.

Bach LR19043B B-flat
Blackburn converted Bach C
Kanstul CC920 Piccolo
Blessing XL Flugelhorn
J.W. York and Sons Perfec-Tone B-flat/A Cornet
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Comparison 180 is 190 Reply with quote

viniciusalves100 wrote:
Good Morning,
If the question is referring to the difference trumpet 180 and 190, can include several factors.
The 180 series post strike began using the machines for valves in one piece, and being much more industrialized.
Already the 190 series that was launched in mid 2010 if I'm not mistaken, rescued this idea of ​​returning the machine to be in two equal pieces were made ​​in the former.......

Actually they started the one piece casings in the late 70's. We found out about this the hard way while overhauling a late model Bach at Schilke's. The top thread was buggered beyond repair and we were going to just get a new ballister and pop it on. Imagine our surprise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: