• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

San Francisco Conservatory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextfamousbud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: San Francisco Conservatory Reply with quote

Anyone with experience at SFC? I have been looking into their program. it looks like a pretty great program and highly competitive . I have attended a masterclass with Mark Inouye and loved his approach to the instrument and playing.
Yamaha Chicago C (1st Gen)
Yamaha 9636 Eb/D
Schilke P7-4
Blackburn Custom C
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is a great player and teacher. You should definitely look at SFC, but they don't take very many students there.
babet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: SFC Reply with quote

I went to school there for my MM. It is a fine school with many great teachers. Experiences have varied however, depending on whom you study with and what you are looking for in a conservatory. Please let me know if I can give you more info.

Regards
Sublmbadfish
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my MM at SFCM and now work there as the Associate Director of Admission. Loved my experience here and as Professor Hickman pointed out, Mark Inouye is a fabulous player and teacher. We do however have 3 other faculty members for our 8 students!

The Trumpet department at SFCM consists of four faculty members, Dave Burkhart, Mario Guarneri, Adam Luftman, and Mark Inouye, and generally not more than eight students. Each member of our trumpet faculty teaches trumpet class so it gives each student the chance to work with every faculty member! Bios for our entire brass faculty may be found here. If you have specific questions about the Trumpet department, I encourage you to contact one of our faculty members by email. They may also be able to provide you with a consultative lesson should you decide to visit.

Audition requirements can be foundhere

The trumpet studio also keeps a facebook page updated with current events as well as photos/videos of studio events! You can find the page here!

You will also be interested in checking out the SFCM Brass Department Facebook Page, here

If you (or anyone else) have any more questions. Feel free to PM me or e-mail me at scastles@sfcm.edu. Below are a few video clips you might be interested in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4FC5Ih2RQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWObswAeda8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMTfROCd4vo&list=UU2oK6YO2knu-vylcjSB1N6w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: