• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Best La Tromba T2 valve oil replacement?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmac3317
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Best La Tromba T2 valve oil replacement? Reply with quote

Have any of you La Tromba T2 valve oil users out there found anything else that works as well as the original? Does the "knock off" version ("La Tromba AG," Swiss flag on bottle) work as well as the original? Here's what I've tried:

Ultra Pure
Hetman #3 (but not #2)
Al Cass

... and valve issues have shown up with each of those oils that I never had with T2. With the original T2, the valves on all of my horns are silky smooth. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

www.christianmcivormusic.com

Last edited by cmac3317 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
GrowlerBox
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no suggestions for you (having just got hold of some of the Monster Oil you've already tried), but the original still seems to be available. I hesitate to recommend Slidebone as a retailer, having had some issues with a purchase from overseas, but he seems to have the original stuff available through his website, in 12-packs, no less.

If you did order through him, I would ensure that you confirm that what you're buying is the original, and I would pay by some method that allows you to retrieve the money in case of a dispute. I understand he'e easy to get along with when things go well, but there are reports and my own experiences to suggest things do not always go so well.
cmac3317
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any other T2 users are interested, I recently tried Monster "Faster" valve oil (www.monsteroil.net) and love it! I actually like it even better than T2 - smoother for me.

www.christianmcivormusic.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: