• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Does the silver monette even compare to the real one?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ubub17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakejw wrote:
They have done something about that:

Mouthpiece Comparison Charts

I know they have charts I mean I did just convert them and I guess its natural that there would be different systems but it's frustrating when people don't know what their talking about because they don't know the scales that's all I meant
Brass_Of_All_Trades
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakejw wrote:
I'm sorry...but what the F is a "heat beat"? And the No. 4 in 13C4 does not refer to the rim, but the throat/bore size.

I'm going to join rank and say, "Back to the practice room!" If you want to spend $200 bucks I can think of a lot more fun ways than on a trumpet mouthpiece you've never tried.

Actually, it does. In the Schilke/Yamaha naming system the second number designates the rim shape. The 4 in 13C4 means that the mouthpiece has a semi-flat rim contour.

The backbore size is designated by a lower case letter at the end like in 14A4a. The throat sizes are unspecified in the naming system but correspond to the cup depth.
fredo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a cheaper (55$) mouthpiece with a big throat and a 3C cup : Kanstul CG3.

You can compare the Monette B6 and the CG3 on the Kanstul mouthpiece comparison chart quoted by lakejw.

It would be a cheap way to see if a mpc with a 22 throat (near Monette one) suit you.

The thinner rim give a great flexibility and is very comfortable, at least for me ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: