• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help with accommodation whilst researching in the USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Rizzo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Help with accommodation whilst researching in the USA Reply with quote

Trumpet Heralders, I am currently doing my Masters at the Australian Institute of Music, and my research project topic is on lead trumpet playing in the big band jazz idiom. I am planning to conduct fieldwork in the USA this coming December and January, when I plan to visit libraries, interview musicians and take lessons. I am requesting help with accommodation to keep the cost of my trip down.

Here is a list of my travel dates and locations:

December 5 - 12 Los Angeles CA
December 13 Anywhere Between Joshua Tree National Park and Salome CA
December 16 El Paso TX
December 17 Abilene TX
December 18 - 22 Denton TX
December 23 Oklahoma City OK
December 24 - 26 Kansas City MO
December 29 - January 2 Chicago IL
January 3 - Detroit MI
January 4 - 8 Cleveland OH
January 9 Pittsburgh PA
January 10 - 15 Washington DC
January 16 - 27 New York NY

I just need somewhere to sleep, eat, clean and be safe. I will have a hire car for most locations excepting LA and NY. I will be out the door early in the mornings to get on with my research, so won't be obtrusive.

Anyway, I am hoping some fellow trumpet heralder(s) will be able to assist me in my researching and put me up. I am generally quiet, neat and good company. Even a couch or floor will do. The fieldwork will serve my thesis and will quite possibly be a rewarding experience for you and I.

Robert Rizzo
Melbourne, Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: