• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arm Posture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Arm Posture Reply with quote

Hello All -- In my lessons with Doc, I don't recall him talking about arm posture. I've found that if I keep my elbows up and away from body (a la the other Doc, Severinsen), it has a beneficial effect on all aspects of my playing, especially breathing and reduction of mouthpiece pressure. Does anyone recall Doc teaching about this?
deesson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Orientation and Analysis "High Spots" sheet:
"Keep your arms away from your body whether you are standing or sitting to perform. This idea of "hugging yourself" must be eradicated because the lazy habit causes rib-cage restrictions and often brings on "mouthpiece twisting" while ascending in particular. Correct breathing does not tolerate unnecessary physical restrictions!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: