• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

static sounds Caruso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I start toping out on the interval ex. and before I come up with just air, sounds come out which only can best be compared to static, no real interval , just sounds that are much higher then the orginal note. Is this where I stop , or do I still hold out for the correct amount of time with the static sound. It takes 4-5 trys playing with just the static sound before no sound at all . Is this normal?
Nate
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always keep blowing until the next scheduled rest and breathing spot. At that point if you don't have even a piece of the note speaking you should stop. However, if you have even a tiny piece of the note you are going for you should keep going to the next measure regardless of the sound, intonation, or physical sensations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: