• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha 6301Z VS 8310Z

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabroni
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 6301Z VS 8310Z Reply with quote

Hello. I would like to buy a Yamaha Shew flugel.

The question i have is, is the 8310 that much better, and worth the extra cash?

If I go with the 6310, will it play with the same ease and sound?

Thanks!
teacherchops
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 6310 and it plays very well. Tuning is great through all registers, and it is a very easy blow with great response and flexibility. I've found that I had to search a bit to find the right mouthpiece to achieve the sound I wanted, but that can be said for most flugels.
I would caution you on a couple of things with the 6310.
The tolerance of the valves is very tight and you must keep them very clean and well lubricated. Also, the threading on the valve caps are very fine and it is easy to cross thread them..it sometimes takes a few minutes to get them screwed on after oiling the valves. I haven't played the 8310, but I believe these issues were addressed with the 8310.
Trombacan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the 8310 to have a bit richer tone. The tuning is the best I've found in a flugel and the horn has all the desired attributes of the earlier model. A great horn if you like the way they play - I love mine.
stelios chatzikaleas

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Trombacan"]I found the 8310 to have a bit richer tone. The tuning is the best I've found in a flugel and the horn has all the desired attributes of the earlier model. A great horn if you like the way they play - I love mine.[/quote]

I completely agree Trombacn.. 8310 is way richer than the 6310 and of course way easier to play but still my favorite flugelhorn is/and probably will be the oiram van laar!
Dollard147

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha 6301Z VS 8310Z Reply with quote

Jabroni wrote:
Hello. I would like to buy a Yamaha Shew flugel.

The question i have is, is the 8310 that much better, and worth the extra cash?

If I go with the 6310, will it play with the same ease and sound?

Thanks!

I have the YFH-8310Z which has a leadpipe adapter that accomodates a trumpet mouthpiece and it plays well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: