• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mouthpiece photo database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epoustoufle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Mouthpiece photo database Reply with quote

Apart from the Kanstul comparator, there is hardly any way to compare mouthpieces on the internet. Which is a shame because there are more and more out there and fewer stores that stock them.

Would trumpet herald consider hosting photos contributed by the community of different mouthpieces?

There could be some basic quality control by moderators, e.g. not too blurry or dark, brand name and model must be visible. I'd be happy to volunteer.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that TH does not host photos in general, so I suspect that what would be required would be to host the actual pictures elsewhere.

You could start a thread in the mouthpieces forum and people could post their pictures in that thread. If you do I would suggest putting instructions at the top of the thread on how to add the pictures to a hosting site and then link them.
scottfsmith
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures show very little. What would be *really* nice is a public database of profiles. These days everyone makes their own measurements and holds on to them tightly. The Kanstul ones are not only limited, they show the bowl/rim only and are just images not data (of course, you can mostly recover the bowl data from the bitmap )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: