• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

visit to Austin Custom Brass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepperdean
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: visit to Austin Custom Brass Reply with quote

Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting Austin Custom Brass. I felt like the mouthpiece I have been playing for several years was just giving me a mushy response from top staff G and above. Nevertheless, I remember Carmine Caruso telling other students, 'Let's learn to play, then we'll talk about equipment.' Since my playing has been on the comeback from a bout with shingles, I didn't want to rush into a mouthpiece search but a trip to New England provided an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Trent was very helpful in helping me dial in the perfect 'piece for me, at least for now. I'm astounded at the difference my new TA-3 top with a T backbore has made. It's just been seven days, just the time when transitioning should be giving less than the optimum results. Yet, the response of this piece is so easy and crisp that locked in high E.F, and G are no problem, even when tired.

What a wonderful mouthpiece, for me, and what fine hospitality from Trent and Scott. I tried a lot of tops and backbores to get to what worked best for me and they were all comfortable and very responsive. I highly recommend them.

Alan
shaolin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in New Hampshire, a little over an hour away from Trent's shop, so I get there regularly. I bought my fantastic Adams trumpet there, at an unbelievable price, and got to meet Miel Adams to boot! Every trip I've ever made to ACB has had the same results: excellent products and service. Trent really does go the second mile for his customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: