• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Engraving issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Engraving issues Reply with quote

I want to have my gold lacquered Selmer Paris 1955 horn engraved with words to the effect that it was given to me by my parents in 1955! Where would be the best place to put the engraving to affect the sound of the horn the least? I could 65 letters in type. Sherry, the engraver, doesn't have an answer. Has anyone had any experience in doing this in having it done by some expert engraver? Any misgivings? Suggestions?
Regards,
Tom Kieren
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
stumac
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engraving along the bell throat would not make little or no difference to the sound, I have a 1947 Selmer engraved all along the bell, plays as expected for a Selmer.

My only misgiving I have is that it may reduce the value to a collector sometime in the future.

Perhaps a medallion or shield engraved attached to the brace on tuning slide.

Regards, Stuart.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside the bottom valve caps?
bengehead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Engraving Reply with quote

Search the web for Artisitic Engraving Elkhart IN... Sherry Goodall.... does all the horns for Conn Selmer and everyone else too. She did some custom work for a hand built horn for me a few years ago. She did it while I went to get some lunch... high quality.. and reasonable..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: