• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

C Trumpet Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koryblu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: C Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

What's the best C trumpet Mouthpiece?
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got your 5 posts. Now just go use the Marketplace!

2015 Harrelson Summit 4/10
2014 Getzen 4895 Flugelhorn
2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
73 Getzen Eterna Severinsen
48 Conn 80A Victor Cornet
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the best C trumpet mouthpiece is but the 3 absolute WORST mouthpieces I have ever played were a Curry 1HBC, a Curry 1.25C and a Parke Markelo 670-300-24. They are awful mouthpieces and nobody should ever buy them!
bach_again
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
I'm not sure what the best C trumpet mouthpiece is but the 3 absolute WORST mouthpieces I have ever played were a Curry 1HBC, a Curry 1.25C and a Parke Markelo 670-300-24. They are awful mouthpieces and nobody should ever buy them!

I'd ESPECIALLY caution anyone from buying these second hand on the marketplace!

Michael Barkley Quartet - Portals:
https://michaelbarkley.bandcamp.com/album/portals

The best movie trumpet solo?
https://youtu.be/OnCnTA6toMU
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, there is nothing wrong with being a bit cautious when buying gear on the internet (or this site) but I don't think you need to give someone a hard time for getting in the 5 posts needed to post in the marketplace.

I personally read and used this site for quite a while before posting. Just make contact if you are interested in what someone has for sale and use some common sense. Best of luck to the new member.

FY!: you may want to delete your "5 post wonder" ad from the marketplace as comments should stay in the forums...you'll get less haters that way
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: C Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Koryblu wrote:
What's the best C trumpet Mouthpiece?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use what you have been using on Bb
Unaho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: What's the best C trumpet Mouthpiece? Reply with quote

david johnson wrote:
use what you have been using on Bb

I used JK 4C A2 mouthpiece ,is great sound .
Eric
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trompette229 wrote:
Look, there is nothing wrong with being a bit cautious when buying gear on the internet (or this site) but I don't think you need to give someone a hard time for getting in the 5 posts needed to post in the marketplace.

I personally read and used this site for quite a while before posting. Just make contact if you are interested in what someone has for sale and use some common sense. Best of luck to the new member.

FY!: you may want to delete your "5 post wonder" ad from the marketplace as comments should stay in the forums...you'll get less haters that way

This may be true, to some extent, but there's an element of goodwill.

If you've spent some time formulating an interesting question and had a decent discussion around it (and maybe wound up on 6 or 7 posts in the course of the discussion) then you're going to generate a lot less heat when you post an ad..

If, on the other hand, you post garbage one-line posts/threads that clearly took you all of 5 seconds to write, show no interest in actually interacting with the community, don't reply to any replies to your posts... and then post an ad and disappear off the face of the earth?
Yep, expect to get slated.

You can usually tell by the 5th post whether someone is posting to get marketplace privileges or whether they're actually interested in the discussion.
Although the snarky responses to some posters are a little unseemly, they're just an expression of the frustration that lot's of us feel.
The problem is that it probably looks bad to outsiders or lurkers trying to decide whether to post, and it may not immediately be obvious to these people that this is a snarky response to people abusing the system, and that it isn't really an overly hostile forum.
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwoodard wrote:

Many of us that began posting when we first joined and had no interest in selling in the Marketplace. At some point, we hit no. 5. Does that make us automatically disingenuous? Or maybe "bwoodard" has some suggestions on the proper language or form for magical post no. 5 so that no one will assume it is nothing more than a sham in order to post in the Marketplace.
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adagiotrumpet wrote:
bwoodard wrote:

Many of us that began posting when we first joined and had no interest in selling in the Marketplace. At some point, we hit no. 5. Does that make us automatically disingenuous? Or maybe "bwoodard" has some suggestions on the proper language or form for magical post no. 5 so that no one will assume it is nothing more than a sham in order to post in the Marketplace.

It's more the content of those first 5.

If you see 5 one sentence posts that either add nothing to the discussion or appear to be only tangentially related at all... chances are that person isn't posting to be involved, they're posting to boost post count.

If you see a person post 5 new threads, all with 1 sentence opening posts (often several on the same subforum), the chances are they're probably not there for the discussion.

Chances are, in both the above cases, those 5 posts are done within a day or two - a more genuine poster would simply post when they had something valid to add (or something they felt they disagreed with) or had a serious question they wanted answers to and would probably post followups.

It's not about getting to 5, it's when someone is clearly posting trash purely for postcount - sometimes it's very, very obvious.
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKSop wrote:
adagiotrumpet wrote:
bwoodard wrote:

It's more the content of those first 5.

If you see 5 one sentence posts that either add nothing to the discussion or appear to be only tangentially related at all... chances are that person isn't posting to be involved, they're posting to boost post count.

If you see a person post 5 new threads, all with 1 sentence opening posts (often several on the same subforum), the chances are they're probably not there for the discussion.

Chances are, in both the above cases, those 5 posts are done within a day or two - a more genuine poster would simply post when they had something valid to add (or something they felt they disagreed with) or had a serious question they wanted answers to and would probably post followups.

It's not about getting to 5, it's when someone is clearly posting trash purely for postcount - sometimes it's very, very obvious.

Maybe, I am just a half glass full kind of guy. I did not read the OP's first 4 posts. But although short, post no. 5 was a specific question and to the point. For those who live near "Dismal Seepage, Nebraska", they may not have anywhere else but the internet to get answers to their questions. I guess some of us could asked the question in 1500 words or more and submit as a Master's thesis. but I would venture to say that each and every one of us at some point, had to find out for the first time what mouthpiece one should try on a C trumpet.

And even if this was simply a ploy to be able to list something in the Marketplace, so what. If you don't like the question, ignore it and move on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: