• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork Studio Master Mouthpieces

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfrank
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary one of these days I'll be putting a few mps on e-bay, but I won't sell the Stork 2C. It's way too big for me to play, so it'll be waiting quietly. But I won't be at this e-mail address forever, so if you want to look forward to playing it send me a message before your complete recovery. But only if you'll use it. If you switch to piano a la Beethoven, forget it.
G-MAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfrank

I already play piano on a regular basis in my church

1974 L.A. Benge 3X MLP (#13120)
1976 Getzen Eterna Fluegelhorn
2007 Yamaha YTR6810S Piccolo
atrumpeter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Stork Studio Master Reply with quote

I just wanted to put in a plug for the studio master series on this old thread. I have a 4 VMS that I played in some gigs over the holidays and it was amazing how much I liked it on my schilke handcraft.

Both gigs were church gigs and not commercial, and maybe it is because the handcraft tends toward a dark sound, but it was really nice sounding (not sure if 'legit' is the right word) with this piece and also made it easier to play above the staff. I was switching from a wedge bach3b that was tiring me out, and after a gaff during the rehearsal in compensating for the shorter backbore, I was quickly able to adjust and play in what i felt was a lot easier setup with the Studio Master.

On a second gig later the same Sunday, I used the piece, but also did feel a little tired toward the end so switched back to a wider rim piece. I have heard that the 4 rim is a lot sharper and does affect endurance, so I might try out a 6 rim at some point. I've gone away from and come back to these pieces multiple times, and every time I come back I really find I love something about it that keeps me coming back - possible the shorter than average shank is the key?

But just wanted to document my experience and see if others have also had positive experiences with these mouthpieces?

Mostly musicals and church gigs with the occasional jazz jam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: