• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 181 L cornet with 25G bell - advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirkurt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Bach 181 L cornet with 25G bell - advice needed Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to buy a Bach Stradivarius Cornet (long model + 181), L-version with a 25G bell.
I wonder if it is normal that the '181' is not stamped on the bell, instead it displays '25G' besides the word 'Model'?
Furthermore, I wonder if someone could explain to me what the difference is between a L version and a ML version. Is there a big difference in tone quality, amount of air needed, ...
I know, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but any thoughts about this type of cornet would be very welcome.
Thanks,
Kurt
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bell model it what's always stamped on the bell, not the instrument model. In my experience, a large bore horn is capable of being played at higher volume, but in the case of Bachs, the difference between ML and L is tiny - about .003".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: