• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tricking Yourself to Play High Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RS_flyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Tricking Yourself to Play High Notes Reply with quote

When I was first learning to play high notes it was recommended to me to focus on hitting the valves changing the note rather than my embouchure. This allowed me to slide into the higher notes without overthinking it. Does anyone have any experience using this technique, or a way to transform it into something more effective?
solo soprano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at it like this: High notes are not really higher, but farther away. In use, this concept would require that you blow air through the horn only a few feet to play notes in the middle register, whereas to play a double high C you must blow two blocks down the street. As you go higher you, most of us need to blow stronger.

The Magic Formula: WIND POWER + TONGUE LEVEL + EMBOUCHURE CONTRACTION + MOUTHPIECE PRESSURE = THE " FEEL " FOR THE NOTE YOU ARE PLAYING
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: