• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cheap Pocket Trumpet Bells

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillyCook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Cheap Pocket Trumpet Bells Reply with quote

I'm going on a trip soon and was thinking of buying a cheap pocket trumpet to take along for practicing (space is a major issue). Does anyone know if the cheap models (Mendini, Hawk etc.) have bells that will accept normal size practice mutes? Thanks guys!
pc2001197
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CarolBrass are good if you can spend that kind of money. Either their regular or the new Mini trumpet which is tiny. The normal sized pocket can basically fit most mutes - I practiced on one today which the Best Brass practice mute and Jo-Ral harmon have no problem staying inside the bell. Of course with the Mini you won't really get a mute to fit since the bell is barely there, but it is a very surprisingly nice horn to play (and more compact And cheaper).

Cheers,
Victor
WillyCook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I'm really looking to spend as little as possible since I will probably never play this horn again after the 2 weeks I am on this trip. Thus my thinking that $100 on a horn that I'm sure will be a piece of crap is not too bad ........ if it will work with a mute. Since my alternative would be 2 weeks of no playing at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: