• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Raw Brass Case 312 series

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which quad case do you prefer? (carrying a Bb, C and flugel)
Raw Brass Case 312
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Protec Quad
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Marcus Bonna Quad
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Gard Bags
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Brass Bags
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

xtremetrumpeter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Raw Brass Case 312 series Reply with quote

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing this case and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about it? If you have one, how is the fit with a Bb, C, flugel and mutes (possibly a straight, harmon, cup, plunger, practice mute, solotone..when needed and a mute rack)? I do around 4 shows a year at our community theater and some high school ones as well, a lot of big band/swing gigs and some convention gigs where I need all three of my horns and a bunch of mutes.

If anyone has any other suggestions on cases, I'm willing to hear them. I've been going back and forth between the raw brass case, marcus bonna quad, protec quad, gard bags and brass bags. I need something either with wheels or at least with backpack straps. I hardly ever do any traveling on airplanes for gigs so "ultimate" protection isn't my main concern. I just want something to carry my stuff without having multiple cases lying around the house or taking them to gigs.

Just an FYI, I do have a stomvi quad and a torpedo coyote but I'm looking for something to carry a Bb, C and a flugel.

Thanks!
Yamaha 8335 LA
ACB Doubler's Flugelhorn
Carol Brass 5000L (backup)
Kanstul 1510C with Copper Bell
Brasspire Piccolo
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Protec made leather bag I got from a Kanstul dealer. It says "Chicago" on the side and I suppose they used to sell it with those horns. It came as a double case but I found someone to sell me an improved insert that turned it into a triple. I love this case and it carries two full-size horns plus a flugel easily. It also holds a pile of mutes and more accessories than you can count. The only downside is that it's a bit on the heavy side, especially when you include in-bell K&M stands in each of the horns. Also, it doesn't come with either wheels or backpack straps.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
xtremetrumpeter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cheiden...yea, I used to have a protec triple bag. Used it for many years, but the weight was just getting to me and killing my shoulder.
Yamaha 8335 LA
ACB Doubler's Flugelhorn
Brasspire Piccolo
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremetrumpeter wrote:
Thanks cheiden...yea, I used to have a protec triple bag. Used it for many years, but the weight was just getting to me and killing my shoulder.

I hear that. It used to really bug me but somehow I hardly notice it anymore. After many years of service my current bag is starting to show it's age and I may be looking for something just like you're looking for. Hope you find a good solution and that you post what you find.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
xtremetrumpeter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've decided to go with a Glenn Cronkhite Super triple bag. I purchased the Reunion Blues triple bag, but it was too tight for my horns. It was hard not hitting the zippers while taking my horns out. I'm just waiting for my case to come in from the Horn guys where I purchased it.
Yamaha 8335 LA
ACB Doubler's Flugelhorn
Brasspire Piccolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: