• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help! Can't buzz on high notes anymore!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thinkoholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Help! Can't buzz on high notes anymore! Reply with quote

So I've been having a very frustrating problem lately. I can't buzz on anything higher than maybe a G above the staff. Whenever I try to play, say, a C above the staff, my lips don't buzz, and all I do is blow. It has been very frustrating, as I've never experienced it before, and these notes are well within my comfortable rage. I do think I know some reasons for this problem.
I bought a Bach Megatone 3c about a week ago, switching to that from my previous Yamaha 11b4. Could the mouthpiece switch be causing my trouble? Also, I have had a cold, but I didn't think that could cause lip problems. It also could just be me overworking myself, as I had been playing a lot before thgis all started.
I've only been playing for 2 years, so I'm still learning. Have any of you experienced this? What could it be? Help is appreciated.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red flag I see in your description is the use of the word "buzz." Buzzing suggests the lips should be making a sound on their own. This is not the case. In fact, to do so would create too much tension, causing them to stop working. This may be your problem. We don't know without seeing you.

Kent
Felix c
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Friend:
I have the same problem. Well Return to your Yamaha piece and begin again with basics. Please consider meet a good teacher that coach and monitor you 2 times per month. I understand that move to 3C that is 2 sizes over the Yamaha can alter a lot and your aperture is adjusting. Please consider buy John Daniel Special studies for trumpet at his web site, This book have help me a lot. Right now I'm under development.
Best Wishes
Felix
http://www.johndanieltrumpet.com/
Billy B
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oxleyk wrote:
The red flag I see in your description is the use of the word "buzz." Buzzing suggests the lips should be making a sound on their own. This is not the case. In fact, to do so would create too much tension, causing them to stop working. This may be your problem. We don't know without seeing you.

Kent

Joshua712

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you're just way too worked up. between the mouthpiece change, the cold, the overwork, and the mental anxiety you seem to have built up as a result, the best thing to do is just relax. Calm down. As a young player there is an inevitable ebb and flow, but just see the course, don't hit the "panic button" and do anything drastic. Just be calm and methodical...Do a good warmup everyday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: