• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach strad Gold trim kit heavy bottom valve caps not fitting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chipofyogurt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Bach strad Gold trim kit heavy bottom valve caps not fitting Reply with quote

So I got the gold plated trim kit for strads on my birthday and specifically the one with the heavy bottom caps. My problem is that they don't fit on my Bach Stradivarius but they do fit on other ones. It's also weird that bottom caps from Yamaha horns fit on mine and my original caps fit on the yamahas too. The heavy caps just don't actually screw on all the way and they get to the point where you can't twist anymore and can get stuck. From what I can tell it doesn't affect the playing really in anyway but it's not aesthetically pleasing. If anyone knows really how to make them fit or info on this that would be great help.
jengstrom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the trim kit? is it possible you were shipped incorrect caps by accident?

If the cap only engages about a quarter turn and then locks up, DO NOT force it further. You will cross thread the cap and ruin the threads on both pieces.

I suggest taking the horn and the caps to your local trumpet repair tech and getting his (or her) opinion on whether the threads on the cap are correct.

John
Yamaha YTR-761 D/Eb
Kanstul 1525
Bach 196 picc
Chipofyogurt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks I'll have to do that or something and I think it was from amazon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: