• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Seattle Trumpet Audition

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremyesmith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Seattle Trumpet Audition Reply with quote

The Seattle Symphony has announced two trumpet openings for Second and Fourth Trumpet. To learn more visit the link below.

http://www.lastrowmusic.com/trumpet/auditions/
http://www.lastrowmusic.com
trumpetbrew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, as a bass trombonist, what exactly is your motivation for populating this forum with links to your website, on which you post these auditions, which are already readily available via the various job posting sites?

I find your proprietary, ad-driven website to be pretty offensive under this guise of "informing" people of what things are available.
andybharms
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are often available on his web site before being posted on the others. I greatly value his contribution.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Trumpet Audition Reply with quote

jeremyesmith wrote:
The Seattle Symphony has announced two trumpet openings for Second and Fourth Trumpet. To learn more visit the link below.

http://www.lastrowmusic.com/trumpet/auditions/

Thank you for this information!
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetbrew wrote:
Jeremy, as a bass trombonist, what exactly is your motivation for populating this forum with links to your website, on which you post these auditions, which are already readily available via the various job posting sites?

I find your proprietary, ad-driven website to be pretty offensive under this guise of "informing" people of what things are available.

I guess welcome to both of you?
BJones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetbrew wrote:

He's courteously providing a collection of information for people while wanting to make a small amount of money from the ads. He did the work of putting the page together, so that's fair. It's not a conspiracy, people have to eat matey. Hardly grounds for such a brash confrontation.
Oggyone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, if we can gain something via his site then he may as well also. We have the choice to visit it.
trumpetbrew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andybharms wrote:
They are often available on his web site before being posted on the others. I greatly value his contribution.

I'm sure your do, Andy. This coming from someone who essentially publicly accused Charlotte of setting up a rigged audition because you hadn't heard back from them within your preferred timeframe.

Orchestras specifically publish their audition postings in subscription trade journals to target professionals. It would be one thing if Last Row was providing a page of commentary on the audition, perhaps with ideas or thoughts concerning what to expect or supposing what they're looking for, or travel problems to that location, even what color tie you should wear to win, or something that was contributing to the user. But it's just a list taken from other people's websites, but surrounded by advertisements...then posted separately (for every audition) here on Trumpetherald, not to mention a dozen other forums for the other instruments. I suppose we could always "Email Jeremy for more information." if you really want to take advantage of his great service, but aside from that.

I know it is difficult to keep up to date on auditions with the three different website's orchestras pay to post on that one has to check to know what's posting, let alone *gasp* having contacts in the world who know what's going on.

Further, it especially irks me that Last Row is cataloguing and publishing winners to auditions of all instruments across the board.
rcl732

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, can you just not be like this?
Did somebody hurt you?
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight Fight Fight!

Yeah...I don't care.
Steve A
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetbrew wrote:

Another vote for this being unnecessary and unhelpful picking of a fight when someone else is offering a useful service.
tanda
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't like it you don't have to click. I think his site is pretty great.

And the Seattle job wasn't published in the March issue of the AFM trade journal (at least the online version), so I for one was happy to see his post about it.
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill the personal attacks. This is nuts. If you see a post you do not like then PM the Moderators. As we have said over and over again do NOT respond in the thread, and do NOT start a public spat, it just leads to more trash and more work for all.
Monster Oil
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the site Jeremy! It's my new go-to for audition stuff.

Looks like Seattle is planning this thing a bit last-minute, and it's good to get notice so soon from you.
www.BrassChats.com
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information and sharing work opportunities are always good things! Thanks for sharing!
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the site, great to have all this in one place
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetbrew wrote:

Then don't go to his "proprietary, ad-driven" website. I've seen Jeremy's website list auditions before the info was even available on the actual orchestra-in-question's website (including the upcoming CSO principal trumpet audition).

Or get Adblocker Plus.
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
trumpetbrew

You sound like you need a hug. Do you need a hug?
trumpetbrew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fnchdrms87 wrote:
Do you need a hug?

Hugs are always welcome.

Perhaps my opinion is misunderstood, or just doesn't jive with others. Just as Mohan the Ubiquitous pointed out, you're free to ignore it and enjoy Last Row Music for all of your auditioning needs!
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, Seattle is awesome and SSO is no joke. A solid bunch. They work a lot. Seattle is one of the fastest growing cities in the US and we have a tremendous respect for the arts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: