• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Silent Brass and Personal Studio question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott@95603
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Silent Brass and Personal Studio question Reply with quote

Using the current model Silent Brass System, will the sound produced by the Personal Studio through the headphones be the same for everyone? Will a player using a very bright sounding horn/mouthpiece setup sound the same as when using a dark sounding horn/mouthpiece setup? Asked another way, will two different players who sound completely different, sound the same when using the system? Obviously I don't understand how the electronics work...how a muted sound is turned into a more proper trumpet sound, and I don't really need to understand, but I am just wondering if the sound manipulation ends with everyone sounding the same, kind of a generic, open trumpet sound, or if they keep certain sound qualities that are characteristic of their normal playing. I just ordered a Silent Brass System.

Scott
English Besson cornet 1893
Kanstul 1530 cornet

Last edited by scott@95603 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
robertmooretruro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will sound like you mostly. It's like a microphone or pickup inside a practice mute. It's not a fake trumpet sound.
Even though the resistance of blowing through it is much better than the old one, there is still quite a bit. Make sure that you keep the volume up loud enough so that you don't overblow. If the volume is turned down too much then it sounds like you are playing with a sock in the bell. As the batteries wear down the volume in the headphones go down. If I'm not paying enough attention I will start to blow louder and louder and wear out faster. I use rechargeable batteries so that they are always fresh.
I work on a ship and I use the silent bras to be able to play in my cabin without waking up other people in the adjacent cabins. I like the silent brass because it allows me to hear the raw trumpet sound as opposed to the sound with a practice mute in.
Couesnon Monopole Star Flugelhorn SN: 38882
GR Paul Tynan 65.4 FL V2 prototype
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: