• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Favorite Preludes and Communion solos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccb_22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Favorite Preludes and Communion solos Reply with quote

My Easter gig this year led to me being asked to come back in a few weeks to play for another service. In addition to what the music minister has planned, he also asked me to bring a few solos, specifically for prelude (joyful) and communion (reflective / melodic). I've had a few solos that I've used for this sort of thing in the past, but frankly, I'm getting tired of them and am looking for some new material. What are your favorites? This could be for trumpet and organ or trumpet an piano. Any level of difficulty is fine and I wouldn't mind pulling out the flugelhorn and or the piccolo just for variety. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!
deleted_user_680e93b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done this for communion a few times. great for Bb or flugel . lots a variations out there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t87hjK5xww

regards,

tom
DH
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aria from Peeters Sonata (2nd movement) is a good choice. I believe it was originally for organ, so an organist might know it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: