• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Orajel Experience? Feedback Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BowmaninBb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Orajel Experience? Feedback Wanted Reply with quote

Sup guys,

Recently started a funny YouTube channel featuring uncommon things about trumpet. I did a video on Orajel recently (included below.)

My friends are split 50/50 on Orajel's effectiveness for tension. I love it, but I got some on my lips once before a gig

Ya'll are much more experienced, and I'm curious as to y'all's experience with Orajel/Benzocaine/Novocaine? Positive? Negative? Funny stories? Let me know

Link

Keep in mind, my videos are targeted to a much, much younger audience than TH's, so some humor will fall flat.
superviking805
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this video through another site and thought it was a prank. I have watched it again and searched the forums for more information to find a few negative posts.

Critically reading the posts I realized that people were stating opinion as fact and none of these "experts" had actually tried the jel. I was particularly irritated by one person who promised severe lip injury due to the numbing effect. The video specifically tells you not to put it on the lips. I have experienced a total inability to play a note after a Novocaine injection but no danger of injury so I suspected this approach would achieve the same results...ha ha ha, fooled me.

In the spirit of CG, A trumpet player will buy anything with a high note attached, and LN, Keep an open mind, I decided to try it.

Orajel sort of works for me. The numbing is nowhere near a strong as Novocaine and I found the notes above high C to be slightly more accessible. I believe some tension is reduced suggesting additional aggressive experimentation with this product is in my future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: