• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The Orchestral Trumpet by Michael Sachs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KHH73

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: The Orchestral Trumpet by Michael Sachs Reply with quote

Wow....I just got a copy of this book/CD early this week and I am super impressed.

For those who don't know, this is a book filled with orchestral trumpet excerpts accompanied by written instruction and insight by Michael Sachs, principal trumpet of the Cleveland Orchestra. A CD is included with Mr. Sachs performing 67 of the excerpts.
This set is something like a deluxe combination of the Phillip Norris book and the Phil Smith CD which are also great resources.

Sadly, as I've been studying this book I realize I will NEVER have what it takes to win a major orchestra audition. It's stunning how much difficult material one has to have perfected at ONE time in order to get through an audition list comprised of this stuff. My hat is off to those people who can do it!

If you are interested in auditioning for an orchestra or if you just want to learn more about what folks who do are up against, I highly recommend picking up a copy of The Orchestral Trumpet

Now, get to practicing!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: