• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Strad 181ML cornet question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirkurt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Bach Strad 181ML cornet question Reply with quote

Hi,
Help - advice needed.
First question:
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement mouthpipe (=receiver + 'leadpipe') for a Bach Strad 181ML Cornet? I can't find any online resources or suppliers. I read somewhere that one can use a Bach Strad mouthpipe assembly (receiver and leadpipe), bended to the correct curve, but I am not sure this will work. Please advice.
Second question:
Is it correct that the valve block (valves) of a Bach Strad ML cornet (181) are similar to the valve block of a Bach Strad ML trumpet? I am triggered by the conversion project done by David Miller as displayed on his web page:
www.electrotheremin.com/DS001.html
Thanks,
Kurt
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bach 181ML cornet body is the same as the 180ML Bb trumpet.

You can get a replacement lead pipe through a Bach dealer in Europe, or any number of stores in the US. You could ask repair shops in Europe or the US if they have one to sell. I don't know what shops people use in the US. Somebody will post that information for sure.

Don't consider bending a lead pipe. The length is probably not the same, the taper probably isn't the same either, and unless you are an expert, you will probably ruin the lead pipe.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irving wrote:
The Bach 181ML cornet body is the same as the 180ML Bb trumpet.

You can get a replacement lead pipe through a Bach dealer in Europe, or any number of stores in the US. You could ask repair shops in Europe or the US if they have one to sell. I don't know what shops people use in the US. Somebody will post that information for sure.

Don't consider bending a lead pipe. The length is probably not the same, the taper probably isn't the same either, and unless you are an expert, you will probably ruin the lead pipe.

No, the leadpipes are not the same. I forget the cornet pipe number but the 181 cornet pipe is longer than a trumpet pipe.

Kent
ProAm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouthpiece Express sells Bach parts. They do not list the cornet leadpipe but say to contact them if there is something you want that is not listed. I assume that they would ship to Belgium but do not know. Some people have had complaints about Mouthpiece Express, I have had good experiences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: