• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Humes & Berg history

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleEagle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Humes & Berg history Reply with quote

With my ever-growing collection of mutes, I've noticed that HB changed from decals to stickers at some point. Modern ones have stickers. Older ones don't. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about when the switch happened. Both say East Chicago, Ind, so it has nothing to do with the move. I have 4 brand new ones (Mic-a-Mute, Clear Tone, Mel-O-Wah, and Velvetone) and they all have stickers. But I also have three I purchased used (Straight, Manny Klein, and Buzz-Wow) and two of them have decals. (I also have an old 60s Pixie that I bought new and stripped long ago, and I don't recall what it used to have, but underneath the red and white paint was a copper mute with a brass bottom.) I'm curious as to how old the ones with decals might be. Evidently the stickers tend to peal around the edges as they get older, but age isn't kind to the decals either, as they start to flake off over time.
Benge CG, Early '70s Selmer piccolo, Early '80s Selmer piccolo, Conn 12A cornet, Conn 38A cornet, Conn 48A Connqueror "Vocabell", Conn Connquest 76A cornet, Conn Director 17A Coprion cornet, Conn Director 15A cornet, '50 Olds valve/slide trombone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: