• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Video: Thomas Stevens Schlossberg workshop

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoscoBabcock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see TS articulate all this knowledge. In the past I've found his written explanations in the After Schlossberg and Stamp Supplemental book a little hard to understand and apply.
richardwy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mzony wrote:
Stevens has a full video on Vacchiano's Rules available at amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Stevens-Musicianship-Vacchianos-Beyond/dp/B01AYLHSR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489194581&sr=8-1&keywords=thomas+stevens+trumpet

Yup. Buy it. Spend the $20. Just finished watching all of Tom's free stuff on YouTube. Saw much of what is in the Vid when it first came out.

From the cheapest of cheap seats, here is my take: he says nothing about technique; he spends his entire time on "time." That causes me to pause. It is not about us. It is all about the music. It is not about us. It is all about those with whom we make music together.

Look at the YouTube vids. The kids rejected his emphasis at college. And at Chosen Vale, he takes another run at it. Can we, will we, play together?

I can see a zillion broader themes there.

Yeah. This is the real deal for a real human being who wants to live in a real world that can and might play together.
BBB1976
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Video: Thomas Stevens Schlossberg Workshop Reply with quote

Fantastic video!
Indeed, love the Schlossberg book as you can tailor it to your own needs.
Man, Thomas Stevens has one of the best techniques and control on the trumpet in the world!
Thanks for posting this.

Best wishes always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: