• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

buying from Quinn the Eskimo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agroovin48

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: buying from Quinn the Eskimo Reply with quote

There was a post a while back that I responded to about where Quinn the Eskimo got his horns. I still do not know where he gets them and it doesn't really matter. He offers tremendous deals. I had recently been following his auctions on ebay and saw a trumpet that I have thought about buying for quite a long time. When Quinn advertises a trumpet as being in mint condition, you can take it to the bank and he also shows you the most detailed photos that one can expect to see. He also offers a "make an offer" option on his demo horns that he advertises as in "mint" condition. I made an offer on the trumpet that I have been looking at for a number of years. I really did not expect him to take my offer as it was pretty low compared to the asking price of all the other similar horns being advertised, but I thought I could get it out of my system by making the offer. Surprise, surprise, within minutes I had a deal that I did not expect to happen. I would highly advise anyone in the market for a new trumpet or cornet to look at his ads and "make the offer." I am pretty sure that you won't be disappointed, just be sure that you have the money to finish the deal. I have no connection with Quinn except for having now purchased three fabulous instruments from him. I think that this one closes the door on anything else.

Alan Cahill

1933 Conn Victor 80A Cornet
King Legend 2070
Adams A1V2
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Agreed! Reply with quote

My experience with Quinn the Eskimo has been exemplary as well. He always has detailed pictures and he's very easy to work with. Highly recommended!
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always glad to hear of a reputable seller! We hear about plenty of thieves
Bill Ortiz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had positive experiences with Quinn!
'56 Martin Committee Deluxe #2 trumpet
14B Schilke mouthpiece
Couesnon Paris flugelhorn
Bob Reeves Sleeves and PVA
scipioap
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed he's currently participating in eBay's 20% off promotion (up to $250), along with all Sam Ash ids, and very few others - quite generous of him. I wish it was musical-instrument-category-wide, since I assume eBay compensates seller? This is a curious promotion for Quinn specifically since all his stuff is Best Offer.
1963 Martin Committee #3
1962 Martin Committee Cornet #3
1961 Martin Custom Committee C
1941 Martin HC Committee #2
1945 Martin Committee #2
1942 Martin HC Committee Cornet
1941 Martin IBICO Indiana
2012 Kanstul 1525 SLB
1977 Olds CT Flugel
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that he is a straight shooter with out the sleazy salesman stuff that is such a turn off.

I never see him say anything like " this is the most amazing...this is the best we've ever seen...this is the best in the shop...one of a kind...never had one this good..this won't last at this price....this is sure to go fast....unbelievable!!!"

Just..."here's the horn..here are close ups..extreme details of what might be wrong..if you like it, you can buy it." no pressure, no B.S.

I like his style!!
Greenleaf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased from quinntheeskimo 11 years ago . . .

My 2B "belle"

Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenleaf wrote:

My 2B "belle"

Ciao Bella!!!!!

Wow that's awesome, such cool engraving. I've never seen one like that. I've seen some altos and tenors with the lady and her headlights but never on a trumpet. Were they all engraved like this?
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago I got a Yamaha euphonium from Quinn for my son. It was a former military horn but was in good condition. I won it on a straight auction when he relisted it after no one purchased it at his buy-it-now price.

We got an excellent value at a good price. My son still has the horn. Nothing but praise for Quinn (I can't remember his real name) from me.

-- Joe
Greenleaf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benge.nut wrote:
Ciao Bella!!!!!

Wow that's awesome, such cool engraving. I've never seen one like that. I've seen some altos and tenors with the lady and her headlights but never on a trumpet. Were they all engraved like this?

No, but the ones that were more or less followed this template.
The cameos were quite varied and sometimes looked, well, not that great. The prettiest ones, like this one, were done by Jake Osborne. Here's mine again with another 2B in silver that I picked up along the way . . .

Landscapes were another popular theme. Probably the most sought after, though, are the ones based on Greek mythology done by Julius Stenberg.
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenleaf wrote:
Benge.nut wrote:
Ciao Bella!!!!!

No, but the ones that were more or less followed this template.
The cameos were quite varied and sometimes looked, well, not that great. The prettiest ones, like this one, were done by Jake Osborne. Here's mine again with another 2B in silver that I picked up along the way . . .

Landscapes were another popular theme. Probably the most sought after, though, are the ones based on Greek mythology done by Julius Stenberg.

Those are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Conn was so inventive, and innovative, and really had class with finishes and the art deco vibe. Soooooo many models and options and radical design changes!!
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenleaf wrote:

My 2B "belle"

Beautiful!

I'll post pics when my "Bella" trumpet comes back from Anderson/Tom Green. It was a very long project, but I'm finally going to have it done this year.

Good to hear all the endorsements of Quinn - so much on the internet/ebay is untrustworthy.
-Lionel
https://yourbrass.com/
Evinerate
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost bought a Committee from him a couple of months ago, I chose a different horn from a different seller instead, QuinntheEsktimo's have some great horns for sale but some are not serviced and I rather have a serviced horn ready to play after unboxing.
unicornis

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benge.nut wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:

My 2B "belle"

Ciao Bella!!!!!

The engraved letters are similar to the Couturier cornets of the 20s, are from the same engraver I mean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: