• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thoughts on Bonna Double Flight Case?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextfamousbud

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Bonna Double Flight Case? Reply with quote

Hey TH,

Ive been looking at a new double case to replace my very worn Yamaha double (the one with the backpack straps) and i've narrowed it down to the Bonna Double flight case. It looks ideal for me since I do travel a bit and that it has space for mutes and music. I wanted to get your thoughts on this case before I purchase it.

Thanks
Yamaha Chicago C (1st Gen)
Yamaha 9636 Eb/D
Schilke P7-4
Blackburn Custom C
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the case and have owned two of them. They work great for rotary and/or piston and of course can have a picc case or accessory bags zipped on. You can position pads so they're held quite securely too.

I ended up selling the first to buy the second one in leather and the second since I rarely found myself only needing 2 horns. I now carry the compact triple (flipping the divider vertical instead of stacking horns on top of one another) or the Stomvi (Bags of Spain) quad.

On a side note, if they had shaped the compact triple fiberglass divider differently so you could do 3 full sized horns, I think it might have been the perfect case for me.
nextfamousbud

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

My Kuhn Bb rotary is HUGE and wont fit in my Bags of Spain Quad regularly so I am also contemplating selling mine and going to a Bonna Quad so I can mix Pistons/Rotaries(I tried taking out a divider on the BoS and fitting it in but I didn't trust the fit and pressure put on the bell/tuning slide). I do know that Bonna makes different size cases for rotaries (I bought a regular Bonna double from Weimann just to fit my Bb and have room for a future rotary C) so I would have to find a retailer that sells the Rotary version of the Flight Double if i want to have say a Piston C and a Rotary Bb/C that both fit well.
Yamaha Chicago C (1st Gen)
Yamaha 9636 Eb/D
Schilke P7-4
Blackburn Custom C
MaryT

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Bonna flight case Reply with quote

I love my Marcus bonna flight case and have used it non stop for 8 years. It is super strong and super safe. Highly recommend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: