• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul CG Personal flugelhorn mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Kanstul CG Personal flugelhorn mouthpiece Reply with quote

Well, after a long hiatus from the horns, I again "came back" to them last week. I purchased a used Yamaha Advantage II student trumpet from Craigslist last Thursday (this little sucker is really a player and sounds terrific!), and just purchased a brand-new, Kanstul CG Personal flugelhorn mouthpiece a couple of days ago, and it just arrived today; which, is the subject of this post.

Wow, wow, wow. My preferred trumpet mouthpiece is the Kanstul CG3, and the CG Personal flugelhorn mouthpiece perfectly complements it. The "soft" rim is super comfortable, really easy to get around on, the mpc seems/feels like it has a pretty deep cup -- it is *very* free blowing, is easy to play the low-low register up to the high register, and produces a beautiful flugel sound (not "tubby" at all, but somewhere in the middle, e.g., "rich chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce.")

If any of you play the CG Personal flugelhorn mpc, what are your impressions? And, if any of you are looking to try a new flugelhorn mpc, I would suggest this one to you.

Cheers!
Schilke 17& 17D4d4 trumpet mpcs
Schilke 17F flugelhorn mpc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: