• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

More stable low register?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarksInstruments

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: More stable low register? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm currently playing a Marcinkiewicz Bobby Shew #1.5, and while it's great in the upper register, I'm having trouble producing a stable sound on the lowest partial. I know part of it is my embouchure (and lack of trumpet playing), but I was thinking of getting another mouthpiece with a slightly deeper cup to work with until I can get a good tone with my 1.5. (Its measurements, pulled from their website, are: 1.057" outside cup, 0.662" inside cup, 0.395" cup depth, 0.14" drill venturi.) I was leaning toward something in the 3B-5B range but was hoping for some suggestions from more experienced players than myself. I'd say I have thin to average lips.

I'm playing on a 1965 Conn Director with coprion bell (I think that makes it a 15A or maybe B?); for what it's worth, I do a fair amount of trombone playing and sax is my primary.
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Mark

why not trying the Marc. Shew 1.75, or Shew 2 that has a #27 throat instead of a #28 ?
best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: