• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Please tell me to how to find instruction posting adds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Please tell me to how to find instruction posting adds? Reply with quote

Never done it before and cant seem to find a do this then do that type of thing. I just going to say what I have for sale and ask them to contact me via my email. I have 7-8 horns to sell and don't want to list thru ebay. I just cant seem to find out where to register to sell and get a pin or set a phrase. No Register for Marketplace Here blinking sign I can find. Help
Thanks,
Rod
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Please tell me to how to find instruction posting adds? Reply with quote

Rod Haney wrote:
Never done it before and cant seem to find a do this then do that type of thing. I just going to say what I have for sale and ask them to contact me via my email. I have 7-8 horns to sell and don't want to list thru ebay. I just cant seem to find out where to register to sell and get a pin or set a phrase. No Register for Marketplace Here blinking sign I can find. Help
Thanks,
Rod

Hi Rod,

I feel your pain…been there before. First “Log in,” which can be found toward the top of any page listed at the top of the site:

home, marketplace, forum, calendar, registry, jobs, listening room

You want to get to “My account.” You can find that link on each of the pages of the main tabs at the top of the pages:

home, marketplace, calendar, registry, jobs, listening room

Notice I did not list “forum,” because for some reason, it ain’t there.

So you click on one of those main tabs at the top of the main trumpetherald.com page and look toward the top of the next page and click on “My account.” Notice that it replaces “Log in” on all of the pages, except for the forum page (where “Log in” is merely replaced by “Log out.”)

More specifically to find “My account,”…

home, marketplace, and registry have “My account” link in the middle of the page toward the top;

calendar, jobs, and listening room have “My account” link close to the left side of the page toward the top.

I’m not sure why the differences, but they is what they be.

At this point, notice that the left side of the page remains the same as the home page and does not change, but the right side of the page displays links related to your account. To place an ad in marketplace, click on the bottom “Click here” link.

When you get to the next page, notice the information toward the upper left section of the page. It has a link “Place a new ad,” which is kind of small, but it’s there. To the right of that link is another link, “edit your security information,” where you can enter a security phrase. I can’t recall if having a security phrase is mandatory or not to actually place an ad, since it’s been a few years since I first placed an ad, but that's where you'd add it. So when you click on “Place a new ad,” you’ll notice the new page is labelled toward the upper left as “Place a classified ad” and is pretty self-explanatory from there. Try to always select the “Category” directly below those words, so you don’t overlook that step. I don’t know what the marketplace manager has to do when we (I) don’t select the right category, but he/she seems to catch it and change it when necessary. Maybe they have some administrative web page settings to make these adjustments automatically when necessary. I’ve personally seen the category change with my ads when I’ve overlooked this step. I would imagine the manager would appreciate it if we would kindly observe all steps. Notice the specific link for reducing your picture size, which I’ve had to do with some ads, but not all.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: