• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Besson 10-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBrassBandMajor
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Besson 10-10 Reply with quote

I found this rather nice looking cornet that resembles an Olds Recording cornet by the Besson company model 10-10 cornet. Dual trigger and looks rather nice.
It is offered at around the 500 US dollars.

Is it a good cornet? It isn't the Sovereign 10-10 Besson, it is the Besson 10-10 distributed from 1958, for the American market.
A.Windisch Silber-Deluxe, Dresden
Couesnon 'Triebert Moderne' piccolo
Conn 'Connstellation' 28A
SO many more trumpets.....
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you search for previous discussions?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Atrumpetherald.com+%7Ebesson+10-10+cornet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
TheBrassBandMajor
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but I am confused if the replies are towards the Besson 10-10 Sovereign or the Besson 10-10 Recording cornet.
A.Windisch Silber-Deluxe, Dresden
Couesnon 'Triebert Moderne' piccolo
Conn 'Connstellation' 28A
SO many more trumpets.....
oldblow
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a Besson 10-10 silver shepherd's crook short cornet for a couple of months now. It was dirty, etc, so I took it to Rich Ita, and he called four days later saying, "I have a really sweet playing cornet that is ready for you to pick up." He was not exaggerating! I had to learn to hold it, which took some experimentation; the wrap is small. Then I had to fiddle with mouthpieces. My usual favorite, a Marcinkiewicz 310 seemed to hit a barrier between A above the staff and the notes beyond. I used a Benge 3, and that helped. Now I have settled on a Warburton 7 backbore with a Paul Stevens Kanstul-made 5C, and the barriers fell. I have a Kanstul long cornet, to balance the team, and I feel that I don't need to look further. I have played a Boston three star, and the sound of the Besson is similar to that.

If the instrument you are considering is not beat up or worn out, five bills for it is not beyond reason at all. The 10-10 came in both a long version and the shepherd's crook, short cornet. Do you know which version you are considering?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: