• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warburton PETE

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertmooretruro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the holding it in the lips and forming the "M" technique with the disc end in the mouth or the other end? Which end do you use Tim and which end do you use Lex?
Couesnon Monopole Star Flugelhorn SN: 38882
GR Paul Tynan 65.4 FL V2 prototype
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point further information from me on how I personally use the PETE will need to be paid like you were taking a lesson from me.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold the disc end in my hand and put the opposite end in my mouth. Then a squeeze around it with the chops(not like crazy or anything), and my lower lip is out a little. I got the first squeeze up to around 3 min now, so I usually only do it once, rest 3 min, and do it again for not as long. I usually do it 1st thing of my practice of the day..I'm not trying to 'max out' my muscles or anything, so I'm not really tired afterwards.. I might wait about 5 min before I start into the Goldman Daily Embouchure studies ex.1+3 and, usually, a few minutes of Lynn Nicholson rim buzzing. All the best, Lex

p.s. - I've also been experimenting lately with the whisper 20 min G - but the one above middle C, as I heard that Cat did that G for a warmup/conditioning exercise sometimes too..Not just the middle G that most people are most familiar with. The higher G makes more sense to me since it is setting my my high chops better, which a lot of my playing is geared towards. Again, I am not trying to 'burn out' my chops on this one..Just establish muscle memory/sweet spot/'higher note set'.
Www.LexSamu.com
robertmooretruro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lex. I use it the same way, although I'm only up to a minute and a half.
Tim Wendt I understand and respect that.
Couesnon Monopole Star Flugelhorn SN: 38882
GR Paul Tynan 65.4 FL V2 prototype
chuck in ny
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been doing this with the disc end in the mouth. if i can't get the lips a little more rolled out it will be time to change ends and support the disc end with one hand.
treymeansthree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the PETE on and off for a year or so. I have a 40 minute commute each day to my high school band job and sometimes I remember to use it and sometimes I don't. I have found that my range gets better, my endurance goes up, and my tone gets better. I primarily use the disk end and do the pulling exercise. I exclusively do this at the end of a day's playing. I find that it wears me out and that I need a night's sleep before I play again. But the next day is always better. I try to do 4-6 of the pulling exercises on my way home. I do each one right up until it begins to be painful. The amount of time I can do the exercise depends on the day, but I never go past the point of pain. The average amount of time has surely gone up since I have been doing this more regularly. When I first purchased the PETE, I overdid it. I definitely strained the muscles and it was pretty difficult and painful to play for a couple of weeks. Pay heed to the warnings that come with it. I sometimes use the non-disk end and treat it like the pencil exercise. I squeeze it between my lips and try to hold it for as long as possible perpendicular to my face. I don't do this nearly as often as the pulling exercise, but I figure I may as well use both ends since I paid for them.

Bb - Warburton 434-ML
Picc - Yamaha 6810S
Flugel - Yamaha 631
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: