• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Full Circle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Full Circle Reply with quote

As most of you out there might know for the past 8+ years have been almost exclusively focused on making my business Austin Custom Brass a success. I have been extremely lucky and fortunate these past years to channel one of my passions into a great business. I have great customers, great passionate fans, fabulous products, and an incredible staff that works tirelessly to make our clients' experiences at ACB great.

For years I have put my playing way on the back burner to accommodate my shop. At this year’s ITG I had a chance to perform side by side with one of my friends and heroes, Thomas Gansch. While I didn’t completely embarrass myself I knew I left a lot on the table due to my lack of consistency in my own performing. It was both an amazing moment and also terrifying at the same time. I was at a pretty intense precipice in my mind:

Either give up performing entirely (as many of my friends in the music industry have to focus on their highly successful lives outside of performing) or figure a way to focus again on my true passion: working with students and performing. I had two weeks to sit on the bus and contemplate so many things both pro and con towards each decision.

Performing with the UNH jazz ensemble, being able to work again with a great band, to entertain crowds, to make people laugh, and hopefully inspire the students to reach for higher levels was the life-changing experience I needed. I have to say there was a huge hole in my heart from not performing on a consistent basis. I love to entertain, be goofy, and always leave the crowd with a smile. I cannot thank my friend Nate Jorgensen for this opportunity to re-kindle my creative fire again. It also left me leaning towards this upcoming announcement.

While on tour as the guest artist with the UNH jazz ensemble in Europe I read that my friend Del Lyren (who very graciously had me at his university a few years ago) was opening up an artist management company. Something I have never been that good at was hustling for performing opportunities, even when I was not also running a business. I have been very fortunate to have many wonderful opportunities unfold but for quite some time have thought if I only had someone in my corner to help line up new opportunities it could set my career into a new upward track.

Del’s warmth, kindness, honesty, integrity, passion, and commitment to success are so inspiring I sent him a note from the band bus with what I was thinking. I knew Del and his company would be a great match for what I was thinking might be needed for this “comeback”. After chatting with Del today I want to proudly announce DGL Artists have signed me on as a artist!

What will happen to ACB? For the moment the shop is the same… absolutely nothing will change. I’m here and will be here as long as possible. In the future I might not be around my shop as much as I have in the past but I have 100% confidence that my incredible staff at ACB will make everything run smoother than ever. In fact it might run better without my meddling

Del and I are focused on education and inspiration. We want to reach out to any programs that would benefit from a bald, crazy, slightly over-the-top goofball like myself. I am re-dedicating myself to being a creative artist again and honestly cannot begin to tell you how much warmth and joy this brings me. I am excited to share it all with you soon!

Thank you to everyone who has helped me through this process… from my absolutely amazing, incredible, superhero of a life partner Laurie, to my folks, to Del, to tight friends and my staff.

Hugs and love to you all! It’s time to get to work!

Regards,

Trent

PS: for booking info please reach out to Del Lyren and DGL

https://www.facebook.com/DGLArtists1/
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent,

I wish you joy and prosperity along your new path.

I always wondered why someone who played as well as you do wasn't playing a lot more frequently. I love what you do and look forward to hearing you perform. In the meantime, I am really enjoying your CD, Trumpet 102.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, and best wishes. "Education and inspiration" seem like great things to be focused on!
vwag
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, following your passion and instinct is always a good thing, so congrats to you. I hope ACB continues to thrive as many of us do hope to continue to do business there. Only question- what horn will you play?
pepperdean
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Trent.

Alan
dambly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news, Trent! Looking forward to hearing what's next...

-Tom
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This decision I have been battling with for quite some time and am a bit anxious about it... my heart and soul have been a bit empty not playing on a more consistent basis. As I stated before the shop will still remain the same and until I have a ton of gigs I'll be around the shop almost every day. You just might hear me in one of the testing rooms trying to figure out which end to blow from.

Now back to the practice room I go

Cheers,
T
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: