• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

MYW cornets & flugelhorns on eBay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: MYW cornets & flugelhorns on eBay. Reply with quote

I was discouraged from purchasing a Jinbao rotary valve cornet because of bad reviews of the Junbao rotary valve piccolo trumpets.

There is something similar for about $100 more on eBay from a company called MYW. This company also sells .433" bore red brass flugelhorns (not just red brass bells) . Anyone seen bad reviews of these instruments or have one?

Of course most of these eBay flugelhorns have Yamaha mouthliewce shanks, however there are exceptions. If so, can a lead pipe for a Yamaha taper mouthpiece be inserted & used as a substitute, or an adapter for, say, a flugelhorn normally having a Bach shank, or even Cuesnon?
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a Yamaha 631 clone. Only Bruno Tilz makes some adapters for different flugelhornshanks:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/bruno_tilz_adapter_for_mouthpiece.html
GuidoCorona
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, apparently you would have to add US import duty, perhaps brokerage... Not sure about shipping charges.

And what is a "band director recommended" flugel?

There is just too much on the MYW listings on ebay that does not fill me with confidence.

You are likely to end up paying over $300 for a horn.... For just a little more, I would wait for a used ACB or Dillon here on TH... Might come from the same original Jin Bao factory, but with the added customization and quality control imposed by Trent Austin and Steve Dillon.

Saluti, G.
bassguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuidoCorona wrote:
Hmmm, apparently you would have to add US import duty, perhaps brokerage... Not sure about shipping charges.

And what is a "band director recommended" flugel?

There is just too much on the MYW listings on ebay that does not fill me with confidence.

You are likely to end up paying over $300 for a horn.... For just a little more, I would wait for a used ACB or Dillon here on TH... Might come from the same original Jin Bao factory, but with the added customization and quality control imposed by Trent Austin and Steve Dillon.

Saluti, G.

I would say that my interest is principally with the quality if those rotery valves as far as this outfit's concerned.
GuidoCorona
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bassguy, if you decide to take the plunge on a MYW rotary, let us know the results!

Saluti, G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: