• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Teachers in Metro Detroit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATrumpetBrony
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Teachers in Metro Detroit? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Been a couple of weeks since I posted here. I'm finally back in the phase of having more free time, much of which I'm going to devote to improving my playing. I just wanted to post here to see if I could get together a list of maybe your 3 favorite trumpet/brass teachers in the Metro Detroit area.

I'm especially looking for instructors/teachers who are very versatile but lean towards lead/jazz playing, since that's what the majority of my performance opportunities have been (and will be).

Given where I am in my development, I do want to find someone rather stable where I can check in every 2 or 3 weeks if not more frequently - so hopefully not too pricey (one guy asked $50/hr - a HUGE jump from his initial $20/hr we'd discussed 3 months prior. I'm hoping for someone floating around $20 or less/half hour).

Thanks in advance, guys! I've been looking around but it's tough to know who to go to, so I'd rather ask folks who have had experience with different teachers (or ARE those teachers )

It's not what you play...
It's HOW you play
JoshMizruchi
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Lucas, Walter White, Patrick Hession and Paul Finkbeiner are all excellent. They might be able to recommend someone if they don't have time, also. There are other great people also I'm sure I'm missing but I haven't lived in Michigan for almost 10 years so I don't totally know who is there these days. Sorry guys...Forgive me if I forgot anyone.
ATrumpetBrony
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshMizruchi wrote:
Bill Lucas, Walter White, Patrick Hession and Paul Finkbeiner are all excellent. They might be able to recommend someone if they don't have time, also. There are other great people also I'm sure I'm missing but I haven't lived in Michigan for almost 10 years so I don't totally know who is there these days. Sorry guys...Forgive me if I forgot anyone.

Thanks for the reply, Josh. A forum member reached out and elaborated a bit on some of your recommendations.

Of course, I want to weigh my options as well as I can. Keep them coming, guys!

It's not what you play...
It's HOW you play
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a bit persistent you can probably get some lessons with Walter White. Walter is the real deal. At the very least you will learn musicianship at its finest. You're in Detroit, don't miss the opportunity!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: