• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Invisalign tips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeptrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Invisalign tips? Reply with quote

Hello,
I recently just got invisalign about 3 weeks ago now. My tone and articulation have pretty much stayed the same, but my range and endurance have suffered. I honestly am more worried about endurance than range.

(I have also noticed I've been pulling way too much into my face (indention in lips) due to marching season starting.)

Any tips/exercises on how to get strength back? Or any efficiency tips in general?

Thank you!
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Invisalign tips? Reply with quote

You might start by doing a search on the TH site:

Click on the Forum tab, and then click on the Search link toward the upper left area of the screen...type in "Invisalign" in the top box on the right and read through the various articles listed. I did a search for this, because I just finished a three-year period with Invisalign as a professional player, and I was going to post a response to another TH thread on "poor instrument hygiene" today that included some of my own experience with Invisalign.........

Last edited by dstpt on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lukarino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had invisalign my freshman and sophomore years of High school. I always took my aligners out before playing because it felt weird. With them out, the only thing that affected playing were those attachments (which hurt at first, but I got used to them) and the fact that my teeth were changing subtly every week. The only time I had an issue was when they put these metal buttons on my teeth the day before my youth symphony had 2 concerts for elementary schools. By the second concert the insides of my cheeks were bleeding!
Jazz@heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had invisalign a while back. I went through a successful treatment even though I would take out my retainers to practice for 2-4 hours/day. Just make sure to take it easier for the day or two after getting a new set. The retainers change your air flow and therefore have the potential to change the way you play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: