• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Starting to work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a comeback player after 27 years - I've been back at it for almost a year now. I decided that I would NOT be stuck at D above the staff so I've been working on an embouchure change. I bought the BE and TS books and have been working with the ideas in them. The past couple of weeks I've been thinking about an aspect of TCE that Bob Odneal points out on his website, in a way I never quite thought of. When Callet says relaxed corners he saying don't stretch your lips thinner. So I been concentrating on not stretching and putting a lot of "meat" in the cup.

Today I warned up with a few petals tones. Then set my lips so that a G on top of the staff was my beginning note - I had to relax to play lower. The G was coming so easily that I knew I could go higher so I blew a little harder - with my tongue pressed against my lower lip - and effortlessly slid up an octave - a nice clean, clear, moderately loud G over high C!

I have a long way to go to develop the control, articulation, and flexibility I need, but at last it is starting to work.

Now I am often overshooting notes by a third or so and having to drop down to them - this is the kind of problem I don't mind having to work on

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

[ This Message was edited by: David on 2004-02-17 16:01 ]
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Wonderful good news, congrats! Keep at it, you'll probably have some ups and downs but the overall progress should continue skyward. Best regards, Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: