• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My lesson with Callet today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a really good lesson with Callet today. He showed me that I could even keep my tongue more forward than I already am. When I am practicing now, I have it in my mind to think about the front center part of the tongue being as close to the top lip as possible....so there's hardly any movement. Mr.Callet also talked to me about a new way of breathing which involves taking in only a little bit of air from the top part of the lungs and keeping the stomach all the way in at all times...he talked about how you actually create more resistance this way...although this takes some getting used to, I was doing it, and when I did it correctly I noticed the sound was even bigger and it was even more efficient to play...I think this way of breathing goes hand in hand with the very forward tongue position. Am still getting used to my Callet SOLO mouthpiece which is a little bigger than what I was playing...also am excited to try Lee Adams new piece made by Mark Curry when they're ready. All the best, Lex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: