• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mark Gould Recital Disc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bftrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of or know where I might find a copy of Mark Gould's recital disc (Trumpet Recital: Hindemith, Antheil, Gershwin, De Falla on King Records)? I've checked Tower and Amazon in the US and Japan stores. I've also been looking for a complete recording of the second Brandenburg with Gould and the Philharmonia Virtuosi/Richard Kapp put out by Columbia (I have a copy of the 3rd movement on a compilation disc). An Amazon.com search found Sony - #53525 with all six concerti played by the Philharmonia Virtuosi/Richard Kapp. Can anyone verify that this is the correct recording? Any help would be appreciated.

Ben
Derek Reaban
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben,

My guess is that Sony 53525 is the disc that you are looking for. The “Trumpet - Greatest Hits” CD Sony 66702 was released 12/6/94, and Sony 53525 was released 6/14/94 so the timing is right. The description on 66702 for the 3rd movement of the Brandenburg shows Gould with Richard Kapp and the Philharmonia Virtuosi. 53525 shows Richard Kapp with the Philharmonia Virtuosi (with all three movements), so my guess is that it is the recording that you are looking for.

I did the comparison of these albums at http://www.arkivmusic.com. A GREAT site!
robert_white
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only copy of the "Recital" CD I've seen was a Japanese printing. If it's unavailable on Tower's Japanese site, it might be out of print.

I might try to contact Mr. Gould myself, if I were you. Maybe he has some copies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: