• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

When to proceed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarrelainen
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

This is maybe a stupid question but when do I know I'm ready to proceed with RO#2? and RI#2?
I have had the book and done them daily for 2 weeks now, but wanted to know from you veterans.

I'm working on the 4month plan.
I can play RO#1 with a pretty raspy sound, I can produce a good squeak but it sometimes is a lot higher than g(pesky problem, ain't it? )

Thanks in advance, JK
Larrios
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is perhaps a stupid answer, but you proceed when you are ready.

In the instructions to the excersises is information as to when you are ready to go on to the next step. That should guide you through the book. Next to that, some experimentation on your own behalf will tell you if you are indeed ready. For example, if you are consistent on roll in 1 and you go to 2 and you start to lose the top notes, perhaps you weren't confident enough on your roll in setting. That's not a problem, you simply spend a little longer on getting that part of the package stable. Try again later and see how it works for you then. Same goes for the roll out. It's better to go a bit slower than to go too fast.

Ko
jarrelainen
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, at first I thought I wouldn't get any answers at all, regarding propably my question being stupid, as mentioned before

But thanks anyway, I'll try not to be too impatient.
/JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: