• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Most free blowing, least intrusive trumpet mutes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Salt shaker mute Reply with quote

Dr Soberielski mentioned his cup mute, which I have and is a really great clean sounding mute ... but also I think his salt shaker is a real treat ... and not expensive ... . When you said you wanted to take the edge off without losing intonation or pushing resistance, it was the first thing I thought of .
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Huber adjustable cup mute with the A body and felt and bowl cups, and also an Eazy bucket mute.

Will report back when I get them…

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions.
Douglas James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhondo wrote:
I’m not especially fond of the sound of straight mutes, but would they fit the other criteria?

Again, doesn’t have to be super quiet, just quieter than open horn.

Rhondo I'm in the same boat. looking for an "as free blowing as possible mute". I've been looking but...seems like all the mutes I've looked at offer a lot of backpressure. the one I have now is a 15.00 Dennis Wick plastic practice mute(its terrible) and I have to push real hard to play, and in the higher register it almost stuffs anything above a high C.

I was looking at the Yamaha silent system too, but I have read amazon reviews (and not just one) that said that they are also stuffy, despite Yamaha's claims that it is very free blowing. current options are a bubble mute, Harmon mute stem out, or maybe the shhhmute or the expensive, Jo Ral practice mute. So, let me know what you find ?
Nathan.Sobieralski
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Salt shaker mute Reply with quote

Butter wrote:
Dr Soberielski mentioned his cup mute, which I have and is a really great clean sounding mute ... but also I think his salt shaker is a real treat ... and not expensive ... . When you said you wanted to take the edge off without losing intonation or pushing resistance, it was the first thing I thought of .

Thanks for mentioning the salt shaker. It does produce a very cool sound, and there's really nothing out there like it. It's one of my best sellers!
Department of Music (Trumpet)
California State University, Fresno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: